A 2011 Employee Engagement Survey by IABC Research Foundation revealed that 39% of large organizations are using social media technologies to engage with employees (16% frequently, 23% occasionally). Direct email, the company intranet and face to face meetings are still the dominant methodologies used.
Other interesting insights in the study include:
- 16% of respondents ARE NOT planning on driving an employee listening program
- 48% of the respondents have deployed collaboration tools internally within the last 5 yrs
- 25% of all employees have access to social media and are encouraged to participate
- 49% have a policy in place that address employee use of social media
- 54% of top executives do not engage in social media